- On arrival, guests will be registered in accordance with the Tourism Act of the Republic of Estonia.
- Accommodation and other services shall be paid for in advance. The keys will be handed over after payment.
- The visitor is responsible for any damage they cause to the property of the resort.
- Upon breaking any property of the resort, the visitor shall reimburse double the cost of the replacement(s).
- The fee for losing the room key is either 20€
- Trash shall be disposed of via recycle bins outside or in the rooms. Littering or otherwise damaging the nature is forbidden.
- Rearranging the inventory (chairs, beds, lamps, pillows, blankets etc) is forbidden.
- Only the administrator is allowed to turn boilers on or off.
- Smoking is only allowed in designated areas marked accordingly. Smoking inside the buildings and rooms is forbidden. The cigarette butts shall be disposed of via designated bins or ashtrays.
- The resort will not host persons who: could damage the reputation of the institution; have damaged the property of the resort; are wanted by the authorities; are strongly intoxicated; have committed an unlawful act in another hotel.
- The resort reserves the right to immediately stop any event with no reimbursement that is no longer under control, involves vandalism, breaking of the resort rules etc. The client is responsible for all the other people they are hosting at their event. The client is also responsible for any damage caused by the attendees.
- Candles and fireworks are forbidden on the territory of the resort! Barbecue and making a fire is allowed only with the permission of the administrator.
- Pets are allowed into the houses by the administrator and only with a vaccination record. Dogs must use a leash and a muzzle. Pets do not sleep in the beds, unless using a personal blanket.
- Pets must not endanger the visitors and disturb the peace of the resort.
- To use the sauna, the administrator must be notified 4 hours in advance. Payment must be made before the sauna will be heated up. Heating up the sauna at your own will is forbidden.
- The office is open from 09AM to 9PM. The administrator’s phone number is +372 5858 2051.
- 11PM-7AM are silent hours at the resort. Any disturbing noises are considered a disturbance of the peace.
- The office is happy to provide information about Lahemaa national park, Käsmu history and hiking trails.
The visitor is obliged to:
- not use noisy and disturbing items (including fireworks), devices etc without permission from Lainela resort, local authorities and other institutions;
- ensure all sanitary, hygiene, electrical and fire safety requirements are followed correctly;
- immediately report any accidents, fires etc that have taken place in the resort to the staff. Likewise, any possibility of such an event occurring must be reported and immediate action taken to avoid or to lessen the damages of said event.
§ 24. Registration of user of accommodation service
- (1) A user of accommodation services of an accommodation establishment shall be registered in the accommodation establishment on the basis of a visitor’s card. A user of accommodation services confirms by his or her signature that the information provided is correct.
- (2) If a user of accommodation services is a citizen of Estonia, another state within the European Economic Area or Switzerland or an alien residing in Estonia on the basis of a residence permit or right of residence, at least the following information shall be entered on the visitor’s card concerning him or her:
[RT I 2010, 18, 98 – entry into force 16.05.2010]
- 1) the name, date of birth, citizenship and address;
- 2) the name, date of birth and citizenship of the spouse or a minor accommodated together with him or her;
- 3) the period of provision of the accommodation services.
- (3) In addition to the information specified above, a visitor’s card of a person not specified in subsection (2) of this section shall set out the type and number of a travel document and the state which issued it.
- (4) In order to register a travel group, a visitor’s card of a group which sets out information, concerning the members of the travel group, specified either in subsection (2) of this section or subsections (2) and (3) of this section, and the name and contact details of the person authorised by the travel undertaking may be filled in. The visitor’s card of a group shall be signed by the person authorised by the travel undertaking. The travel undertaking is responsible for the correspondence of information entered on the visitor’s card of a group to the documents presented to the undertaking.
- (5) An employee of an accommodation establishment may demand that a user of accommodation services present a valid identity document to enable identification of the person.
- (6) Visitor’s cards shall be preserved in accommodation establishments for two years as of the date they were filled in.
[RT I 2006, 26, 191 - entry into force 01.08.2006]